Re: User interface suggestions

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 03:03:19PM +1100, thristian atdot org wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:24:15PM -0500, Liam Quin wrote:
>> 2 allow people to rearrange menu items by dragging (as per the Start menu
>>   in Win98).
>
> Please, please, not without a modifier!
I agree, dropping things part-way thruogh a drag, or starting a drag by
mistake, is a real problem, especially on laptops or for people who
are less dexterous for whatever reason.

>> A per-application frequently/recently used menu item gadget (remembered
>> across sessions) might be very interesting.

The open look ui had the concept of a set of "window controls" you could
use to apply to any open windows (nove, resize, select, etc), and they
were very useful at times.

> | "What do you mean, `naked'?"
"comfortable" usually :)

Lee