Re: Document Centricity in GNOME [LONG]

>> I think that like the rest of tasks, it will run only under dummy UID. The
>> keystrokes is a serious problem, yes, but not the run of other apps
>What I meant was that if a program under a different UID had access to
>your X server, it could send fake events and remote control anything
>you're running, find you xterm, start things there, etc.

I did not know that X allowed to "run" other things, the most I believe was
that others could hear, but nothing more. Aaahh! That must be related to the
secure option of xterms, no? Who had the idea to mix connections?

What about VNC? To run safelly, launch a local VNC with the app and file
inside (different user), then connect using a VNC client that uses your
current X. I think VNC protocol does not allow X tricks (it passes mouse
events and get images, no?).

GSR