Re: Document Centricity in GNOME [LONG]

"Gerry Chu" <gerrychu@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Is there any downside to running in a sandbox?  I mean, if it could still
> run macros, why doesn't everythink run in one?

Well, first, there aren't sandboxes for most languages.

Second, sandboxes (by definition) limit the ability for scripts to do
useful things.  For example, usually file access is out, access to
network services is out, etc.  It's perfectly reasonable to write
macros which use these things (in fact, some people have written
extensive office workflow stuff in word macros).

183 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes, 5 seconds till we run away.
Workers of the world, arise!  You have nothing to lose but your chairs.