Progress bars

Package: gnorpm
Version: 0.9
Severity: wishlist

Ok, I've just had it with the progress bars in gnorpm ... I know, I
know, I can set it in gnomecc to have them show in the window's corner
... but that doesn't work with 10 downloads simultaneously ... (or even
two).  (I appologise for the first few lines but I didn't want to type
this twice and its being BCC'd to the bugs.gnome.org site).

Request for comment:

When multiple progress-bar using windows are going to be popping up one
after the other, there should be a dialog with two progress bars, one
for the immediate job, and one for the individual items:

-----------------------------
|Getting package information|
|[XXXXXXX                  ]|
|                           |
|Downloading file6.rdf...   |
|[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   ]|
|(Rate & ETA if applicable) |

This top bar can either be a calculation based on the addition of the
eventual values of all of the smaller progress bars (which may not be
available at creation time) or simply a counter from 0 to the total
number of smaller progressions ... for 6 downloads, have it jump 6 equal
steps for some form of representation at all.

Does anybody else think this is a reasonable request?

--
       -=+0+=-< Michael T. Babcock >-=+0+=-