Re: Default Button/mouse suggestion

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 01:17:46AM +0200, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> Jumpy cursors are bad. You become mad figuring where it has gone. Placing
> below the cursor is a good solution, and there is no problem about edges, if
> same tactic than with menus is used (it tries to place but if edge is a
> problem it places near). For opt1 / opt2 (Close / Cancel), I think it is not
> bad, for things with more options, better place the window so the center is
> below the cursor.

GNOME already does the "pop up dialog at cursor position" thing. I
know, 'cos I have it turned on right here. The only poor thing about
it is that when I do "Properties..." on a panel applet, the dialog is
created under the panel, and I have to move it away in order to use
it.

If it could be clipped to the panel as well as to the screen edge,
that would be much nicer..

--