Re: Gnome-terminal 1.2.1 patch.

David Tabachnikov wrote:
> In powershell, thats how its done (Left click). After 2 days of using, I
> disabled it, since it would load my browser everytime - because of mistaken clicks on
> URLs. I think, that you should allow this to be the default behaviour, but have
> an "Settins" option to switch to the old behaviour.

Yes.  If you disable "click link to load," you should also have the program
disable the underlining and hot cursoring.  Otherwise we have the same
un-inituive UI problem we had before.  The whole reason I wrote this patch
was becuase I like and use hot clicking on URLs (I don't tend to accidently
click things becuase I'm very keyboard oriented in a terminal window ;)),
and because the terminal kept giving off these signals, "I'm a clickable
link!  Click me to have an action performed!" -- yet nothing would actually
happen when you click the link.

I'll look into seeing if I can add such a change to the program.

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.