Re: GNOME panel has disappeared ...

At the command line, type:

killall -9 panel

That will kill all the panel processes. After that, you can start your
panel. I don't know what to tell you about what made the panel disappear
in the first place, though.

(I'm new to this list, so my apologies to everyone if this is the wrong
place for this discussion. If this discussion doesn't belong here, let me
know. Thanks.)

Glenn Arndt
gmarndt@indiana.edu