Re: Zooming dock

> I would like to inquire about the reason why Gnome doesn't use the windows
> key as a default shortcut to open Gnome's version of a start menu.

You can _kinda_ do this (with any key combo you want).  Settings are in
the gnome control panel under "Desktop -> Panel".  From there, it's
the "Miscellaneous" tab at the top.

>  Afterwards, students knew never to touch the apple menu.

What's wrong with the Apple menu?  The "About [this program]" item
is stored there.  Calculator is in there.  Lots of useful stuff
are there.

I think you mean the Control Panel, which is an item _available_ in
the Apple Menu (but also from the System folder on the HD!  Are are
things like the Calculator app)

-bill!