Re: home directory and desktops

> You mention having a higher object than desktop.  'foo' could
> be like to /home/ directory but with a 'system' desktop object
> holding system wide objects users could link to - printers,
> drives, etc.  These would be administered by the system
> while the users had control over their own desktops.  Also,
> this might allow migration of a desktop between systems if we
> have a standard nameing convention for system objects.

Yeah, I didn't think of that.  It seems each .desk-keyword dir in the
user's home should contain a script do a number of things: load a set of
desktop-specific apps upon initialization, do stuff appearance-wise, and
what else I can't think of.  But I'd like something which is like a
.desk specific .xinitrc file.  As to aliases, yes, let's keep the
system-level objects uniformly named.  Is there any reason we would want
this little config file to be responsible for some of the links, or
should we keep things simple and do it with links as individual files?
One slight advantage to the former is that it's one file instead of
many.  What's more, the links defined in the config file would be
'resilient'  you could drag, say, your 'printer object' to the trash,
and next time you intialize that desk, it would spring back.  Hmm.

Justin