Re: GWP and 'the foot'

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, sungod wrote:

> which is more important, solid design or similarity to existing gui's?
> and to what extent?

Solid Design.  If people want a mediocre user interface, they can get one.
OTOH, I don't think we should get too crazy.  The obvious question is
'What's too crazy'?  For example, I would call pie-menus too crazy.

I don't think the foot is too crazy.  Anyone of minimal intelligence can
figure it out in a matter of seconds, and it saves us from worse things
(esp. the exit/file close amibguity).

Patrick

--
J. Patrick Narkinsky
patrick@narkinsky.ml.org

"It is so stupid of modern society to have given up believing in the
devil when he is the only explanation for it."  -- Ronald Knox