Re: GNOME Style Guide, was: Re: Uniformity?

Bowie Poag wrote:

> > Ahem, this gets really old really fast.  Please spare the mailing
> > lists from finger-pointing.
> >
> >   Federico
> >

> Just giving credit where the credits due, Federico. I dont look at it as
> finger pointing as much as I see it as an accurate post-mortem which might
> be useful to anyone else who plans on embarking on such a process.
>
> If you'de like a list of things in which I point the finger at myself, I'd
> be happy to provide you with them.
>
> Bowie

please categorize your post as one of the following:

* a submission to the user interface style guide
* an explanation of an idea for the user interface style guide
* an intelligent argument against an idea for the user interface style
guide

* blather

...and then please respond accordingly.

btw, folks: yes, i'm back, i've got a few new classes under my belt and
new research, and i understand this list has been pretty dead lately
since i left. i've got a lot of fresh ideas and would like to see this
crucial document formed in an expedient manner, but this means we simply
cannot use the list to showcase codeless propositions for new gnome
apps, nor can we waste our collective breath trying to include
unproductive people. i am a god of action; i want to see substance, not
stupidity. let's get some real work done, shall we?

my next few posts will be proposed entries for the section "fundamentals
of the gnome user interface" which currently reads "[This is to be
modeled after Part 1 "Fundamentals" of the Macintosh User Interface
Guidelines.]" please read them carefully, make comments as appropriate,
and federico, if you can add them once they are generally amended to
agreeability, i think this is a crucial foundation for the rest of the
guide. thanks.
--
| To ensure privacy and data integrity this message |