Re: Menus

6-Nov-98 23:04 you wrote:

> On 06-Nov-98 Tom Vogt wrote:
>> Khimenko Victor <gnome-gui@khim.sch57.msk.ru> wrote:
>>> AFAIK GNOME does not have tearable menus.
>>
>> not yet. :)
>>
>> I remember it was suggested on this list and greeted with a lot of "yes". I
>> sincerely hope someone is working on this already. it's probably a gtk issue
>> anyways.

> Actually, Owen's already implemented support for tear-off menus in GTK 1.1 -
> been there for a while, IIRC. The main thing now is to make them standard in the
> gnome-libs, I think.

Hm. What about possibility of adding new items there and/or moving items from/to
toolbar ? And (the MOST important) how about extractability of new layout to
transfet it to other users ? Commont agreement about totally customizable menus
is that this is not needed for most "end-users" while this could be very usable
for theme creators...