Re: [fOX] The Cathedral and the Bazaar

Markus Fleck wrote:
[...]
> Instead of starting even another GUI/desktop toolkit project, people
> should concentrate on getting KDE and GNOME together by helping with
> the "Harmony" project (aka FreeQT).
[...]

While I hope that I'll be of some usefulness to harmony
as soon as my cvs password works correctly I'd like to
point out that XClass/fOX _exist_ as a project.  It's
not correct that "starting even another" toolkit is taking
place.  The Linux Interface Project (LIP) and XClass/fOX
are certainly far behind KDE and behind GNOME in terms
of completeness.  However, the LIP has been started before
KDE and fOX is AFAIK older then GNOME (not Gtk as such).

When the GNOME started I really wondered why people are
starting GUI/desktop project number 4, 5, or 6.  I
now I realize that the GNOME project has some unique aims
and that it's a very interesting and promising project because
of this.  I must admit that even if a new GUI/desktop project
_would_ be started now, this might hold true for it, too ...

Best regards,
kai