Re: reference application template

Paul Jenner wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:
>
> > maybe a "reference application template" would a good idea. a basic gnome
> > application that does nothing, but has a window and a menubar and strictly
> > follows the style guide.
> > programs without special needs could take the template and start programming
> > from there, adding their own menu items and filling the big black hole that
> > the main window is with something useful.
>
>         I agree entirely.  Speaking as a fledgling Gnome-hack learning on
>  my feet this would be an especially useful addition.  Not only would the
>  GUI-style be laid out but it would enable a project to get off the ground
>  very easily in deed.

Also, a reference app would give GUI builders and IDE's (e.g.
Glade, GUBI, etc) a common starting point for automatic app
generation.  That would propagate the Official Style through
those channels as well.

Probably wouldn't hurt to refer to the reference template with
version #'s, either....  e.g. "Glade 1.6 supports GNOME reference
template v2.5"

John