Can't get CVS tree or Component Mailing List

What is the matter with me?

I'm unable to obtain the packages from the CVS repository.  It seems that
every time i try to log in it says something along the lines of
"cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.gimp.org:".
I've followed the instructions down to the letter

i set CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous@cvs.gimp.org:/debian/home/gnomecvs'
and typed "cvs login" only to get the abovementioned message.

On another note, why can't i get any mail from the GNOME Component List?
Is it not up and running? I've subscribed twice and even sent a post.
Nothing, nada, zip.

Can someone help?  I know that this forum is far from the ideal forum for
this message, but this list is the only one that i'm on that i'm getting
mail from. I apologize for the inconvenience.

While i'm at it:

Where can i find a GTK-Guile Tutorial
and what's the status of the GTK python bindings?
and how's the Python mapping to MICO coming along? ;-)

thanks again,

aadi deshpande
aadi@bigfoot.com
work://arcus.net