Re: Proposal for File-Selection Dialog

>I think the optimal approach would be to have the icon behavior be the
>default, which could then be shut off by old Unix farts who loath icons
>and the like.  That way, your grandma could still get that warm, fuzzy
>feeling when she sees the cute little icon of the desktop...but you can
>feel secure in seeing your /usr/people/harryunixuser.  The best of both
>worlds, no?

No, no, no, no, no!  :)  Noone's home directory should even be under the
/usr hierarchy.  For "novice" users, all File Managers for Linux should
behave exactly like those under Windows, meaning that they should show a
STERN warning and no files whenever a "USER" enters these directories, as
well as a description of what they are for.  Novice users should never be
looking at /usr/lib or /usr/bin directly.