Re: Why cluehunting ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 19, 1998 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: Why cluehunting ?

>Federico Mena Quintero <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> wrote:
>> >  3. Why should I want autocompletion (I for one hate it)
>>
>> There should be an option to enable/disable autocompletion.  I am not
>> sure I like it myself.  As for user-requested completion, I think it
>> presents no problems.
>
>I believe "user-request" is the keyword here. everyone who regularily uses
>netscape 4 know how autocompletion can make your work HARDER than it would
>be without.

There are a good load of people who *really* like autocomplete...I *was*
thinking about a mode where you see what the commanded complete would do if
triggered, but wouldn't actually trigger unless requested.  Sorta like
http://www.best would have the remaining text come up greyed out, and the
user could pick to expand it.  An enter would default to leaving it as it
was.