Re: Apologies to gnome-gui if I ever said you guys were flamers...

On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 11:14:29PM -0700, Dan Effugas Kaminsky wrote:
> So, and tell me if I'm clear on this...you wait until *after* a GNOME
> proposal is posted publically to rail on its author for being an idiot and
> having factual errors, when you had *PRIOR ACCESS* to the document for
> checking?

I don't think you got his point ... I don't think he cared at all about your
proposal (I don't either, I haven't even read it, doesn't mean it's bad, nor
that it's good ... I just didn't feel like it) ...

I also don't think it was the technical details of the proposal that made
scott flame you ... I think it was you .. the way you present things and
the way you talk (and attack coders for that matter) ...

in the free software community ... "design" isn't worth crap, no matter
how good it is ... the only thing that is worth anything IS code itself
... so a design should be accompanied by sample code ... or at least sample
usage .. which still doesn't mean anybody will go bonkers over implementing
it ... nor does it mean that anybody will actually look at it ...

there is no coder biggotry ... it's the same as the docs issue ... arguing
how the docs should be done isn't really worth anything ... somebody
doing the docs IS worth something ... in the free software world, the
only thing that does matter is what you actually produce ... if what you
produce just describe what you want others to produce .. it won't go far ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: