Re: PROPOSAL: Compliancy Level Standardization, Revision 2.

Regarding UISG Compliancy Level layout..

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Soren Harward wrote:

> It makes great sense to me, and instictively feels right.  First place is
> the best place, right?  Plus, it does allow for a little expandability.
> We could suddenly go to 3 or 7 or 10987123 levels and still say "this app
> is level 1 compliant [which is what we're all shooting for, right?]" and
> mean that it's the most compliant, and not have to say "this app used to
> be level 5 compliant but it's now level 3 compliant because we changed the
> nomenclature."  However, I don't think we should be changing the
> nomenclature.  Five levels, 1 (best) -> 5 (worst) seems like the best
> proposal.

E x a c t l y.

With out way, we dont paint ourselves into a corner. If future needs
mandate more levels, or differently-configured levels, we have plenty of
room to expand. We're not going to have to keep re-defining which Level is
the one everyone should ultimately be shooting for..heh

Bowie