Re: RGSG - Menu extensions

On 5 Aug 1998, Preben Randhol wrote:

> * John R Sheets
> | Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn wrote:
> | >
> | >         Would someone with access to a Windows 3.11 please try out New
> | > Menus for Windows?  It'll work with Windows 95 and Windows NT, but it
> | > doesn't work well.  (Problems with icons, etc.)  This program is a VERY
> | > nice user interface to Windows.  It makes it very "unix like."
>
> I have win 3.11 on my office machine. Is this New Menus program
> shareware or something? Were do I find it?

	You can download a copy of it here:

	http://bbs.argo.net.au/$webfile.send.N9-ASP./NMFW146.ZIP

	I just installed it on a dual-boot Win95/Win3.11 system.  Under
Windows 95 it didn't work very well.  Under Windows 3.11 it is incredible.
I showed it off to the same people in the office who saw my mockups.  They
were very impressed with my demo.

	I might create some screenshots this evening.  The program is
shareware.  Some things to note:

	* It has virtual desktops.
	* It has no "panel" or taskbar.
	* When you start it as a shell, there is only a blank screen to
start with.  A small icon of a mouse cursor is in the corner.  Clicking on
it gives a number of things to do.  (Configuration, Hide Icon, Info about
the menu, etc.)  Information gets you an "About" box with an OK and a HELP
button.
	* It has a context sensitive popup menu on the right mouse button.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
          Meet Linux: Forrest Gump as an operating system.