Re: RGSG - Menu extensions

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, John R Sheets wrote:

> Soren Harward wrote:
> >
> > Something which the program sees fit to add.  Hmm, let me think of an
> > example....
> >
> > Superficie (the 3d program; I think that's what it's called) might add a
> > "rendering stats" option just to show how much of your CPU and memory it's
> > using to render that beautiful raytraced 1600x1200 image you wanted to use
> > as your desktop background.  It really has more to do with the program
> > itself instead of the current file; you could be rendering a couple of
> > images simultaneously and it would show a breakdown a/w/a total.  Anyway,
> > this isn't a great example, but I though it might work.
>
> That would fit very well with the User menu concept I proposed
> yesterday.  Although come to think about it, the User menu might
> also fit as a submenu on the foot menu.  It all depends on how
> much we'd want to clutter up the foot menu.

	Would someone with access to a Windows 3.11 please try out New
Menus for Windows?  It'll work with Windows 95 and Windows NT, but it
doesn't work well.  (Problems with icons, etc.)  This program is a VERY
nice user interface to Windows.  It makes it very "unix like."

	It has the concept of the global menu built into it.  You'll have
to try it to see.  The URL is:

	http://bbs.argo.net.au/$webfile.send.N9-ASP./NMFW146.ZIP

	Careful.  The last time it was updated with some time in '95.  :^)

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
          Meet Linux: Forrest Gump as an operating system.