Re: Tooltips

-----Original Message-----
From: John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com>
To: Dan Effugas Kaminsky <effugas@best.com>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: Tooltips

>Dan Effugas Kaminsky wrote:
>>
>> My problem with tooltips is they take too much time to come up....I like
>> Balloon Help though.
>
>It's a single (well-placed) function call to change the delay
>time...any other arguments against?

Well, to resurrect a VERY old suggestion of mine, I'd like a grey's-anatomy
style set of buttons I can hold down to get tooltip descriptions to pop up
on EVERYTHING, and STAY up until a nontooltip area was clicked.  (Clicking a
tooltip would link to a helpfile, which could then link to a screenplay of
the appropriate feature.)

I hate "what's this feature, hold over 3 sec, ok next, hold over, ok
next"...

The stickytips should be translucent, btw.