Huge Batch Reply: Gleef

Gleef:

>My response was not to the comment you made, but rather to Dan's comment
>that GIMP stands in direct contradiction to the points I maid about the
>hazards of IRC. That statement is non-sensical in the literal sense (how
>can an application contradict a point?). If you read it as I believe Dan
>intended, that the success of the GIMP's use of IRC stands in direct
>contradiction, it is a much broader statement that begs for elaboration,
>which is what I was asking for.

Yeah this is my fault.  I wasn’t clear.

Anyway, I was under the impression that you believed all development should
occur on email lists, because they were interactive enough.  The point I was
making was that the GIMP developers disagreed, the lists weren’t
interactive/quick enough, and since GIMP turned out well, maybe we shouldn’t
totally discount what the experienced GIMP dev types have said.

In a sentence:  GIMP gained from IRC, so I think the style guide for GNOME
can too.