irc summary

for those who weren't there and don't have the time to read the log - which
is something I'm doing right now, have about half of it finished at this
moment.

you can find the questionaire on bowie's page. the answers of the irc
participants are non-surprising up to now, exactly what I guess everyone
here would have expected.

other than that, it's a bit of a mess. :)
gleef's comments are the only high-quality ones so far, but I still have
slightly over half of the log in front of me.

[...later...]

some comments from lonelyT are interesting. especially the point where he
sums up what has been said about 3/4 through the log:

<lonelyT> look, what i'm seeing here is a generic "let's set a standard but be
flexible about it" why don't we dispense with the rest of these questions,
since they all amount to the same thing.

one thing mentioned was that the "whys" and the whole philosophy should be
discussed in detail in the style guide. I think this is a very valid point.

that's my impression. did we really raise hell about this? or is the log on
dan's homepage incomplete, because among other things I didn't find the
reference to "my" rebel project he said was being made. so if I just have
an imcomplete log, please tell me.

anyway. I'll dig through dan's stuff now that it's online and see if I can
harvest anything for the RSG. talk to you guys later.