Re: RSG

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Sunday, August 02, 1998 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: RSG

>Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
>> The big problem I see with C1 through C5 is that Microsoft claims C2
>> compliancy.  Couldn't we use GC1, or just G1?
>
><BIGGRIN>
>
>that's 100 points FOR the current rating. imagine the headlines "windoze
NOT
> c2 compliant". :)))))))))

All kidding aside, it's not worth the user confusion.

>> I REALLY DON'T WANT THIS MENU:
>>
>> Fil  Edt  Vw  Ins  Frmt  Tlz  Cmpz  Hlp
>
>can we REALLY stop being childish now? look at the screenshots I made and
>start reacting like a human being even to ideas you don't like.
>
>you know, ridiculing is a rhetoric move that just doesn't cut it
everywhere.
>plus it tends to get the victim angry. good thing in a political
discussion,
>not good if you're trying to be constructive.

Damnit, Tom, I'm not ridiculing you, I'm ridiculing 8 year old coders who
m1ghT th1nK that if the INTERFACE does it, why not them?

Besides, like I said, I DID the research and NOBODY knew what Prog did.

>> >Hmmm.. Ill think about this one more before commenting.
>>
>> I like the concept, but not the name.
>
>propose a better one. :) "Gnome" was the best one I could think of in a
>hurry, I'd be grateful for a better  one.

Maybe the menu should look like

Help
====
About...[note the dots, it opens up a new dialogue]
----
Send author e-mail...
Go to home page...
----
Search Linux Infobase...
----
GNOME Help...
Begin Tutorial...

Note--GNOME Help is going to have to have SOME way to interface with a
replacer WM...