Re: The Help Menu

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

> Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> > Lets trash the idea of abbreviations.  That's just BAD.
>
> you mind if I wait for more  people to speak  their mind? I HAVE noted that
> you and bowie don't like the short version. it's just that I would like to
> hear more people say something.

The abbreviated menu thing is a bad idea for the same reason that
excessive use of acronyms is bad.  It is not easily recognizable by the
unititated, and it breeds confusion where isn't needed (the ui). This sort
of thing also limits what a coder can title other menus in a large menuing
system.

_Kevin Shallow
desmond@intnet.net