Re: Detachable menubar idea

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> how would anyone feel about being able to drag a gnome menubar to the top
> (or bottom) of the screen, and having the WM attach it the way MacOS does?
> is this possible?

	We could probably make this a part of the panel functionality.
(The panel does this with itself.)  This would make our system very much
like NeXT.  But we're talking about menus, not menubars.  Also, how is
this an improvement?  It seems like the same as leaving the menu in the
menubar in the first place...  Or am I missing something?

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.