Re: 1998/04/15 GNOME snapshot comments

> 	  - I think gtk is VERY wrong by handling signals (SEGV). What will be
> 	    next? A builtin GPF dialog?

It is currently disabled, but gnome included such a beast :-)

> imlib:
> 	  - dithering the images to few available palette colors
> 	    does not seem to give acceptable results on 8-bit displaya
> 	    (when netscape is running only a few colors are available).
> 	    Matching to nearest allocated colors would work much better.

Using a combination of the pallette and the existing allocated colors
would be a good idea.  Probaly imlib could just query the current
palette and add that to its internal palette.

I do not know how hard this is to code though.  Raster?

> gmc:
> 	  - titlebar doesn't change when navigating

Can you try the latest snapshot?  It is supposed to work there.

> 	  - is there a way to have sweep select on the left mouse button
> 	    and drag/drop on right mouse button (like OS/2). This is very
> 	    important to me, but should probably be configurable. This will
> 	    also need the context menu to popup on button release just
> 	    like in OS/2 or Windows.

What does `sweep select' mean?  Currenly draggin is performed by
keeping the left button pressed and dragging the files outside of the
panel.

It does popup a menu of operations on drop.

> 	  - using shaped windows for desktop icons is WRONG IMHO. Shaped
> 	    windows are slow and the icons are sometimes very hard to hit
> 	    with the mouse. There are two alternatives that I can see:

Currently this is selectable by some variables in the ~/.mc/ini file.
I will probably add a dialog box to configure those variables this
week.

> 	    - using an ordinary maximized window and forcing it to stay
> 	      on the bottom.

If you can provide me code to do this, I will be very happy to use it.

> 	  - I think RDF (http://www.mozilla.org/) should be seriously looked
> 	    into.

What is RDF?

> 	  - please support xterm WINDOWID