[gnome-freebsd] Problem with gdm

Hi all, I encountered a problem with gdm 2 on my FreeBSD 4.7:

If I login from text mode and launch gdm, there is no problem.

But if I specify gdm as the default display manager by editing /etc/ttys,
gdm won't come up .
The screen splashes back and forth between the graphical mode and text
mode several times and
stopped at the login prompt.

If I specify xdm as the display manager, there is no problem.

I looked into /var/log/XFree86.0.log and found no error message.

My FreeBSD version is 4.7 release. I did a cvsup and got the latest
XFree86(4.3.0,1) and
gdm2 (2.4.1.3). Anybody there could give me a hand? Any suggestion will
be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Deling
--