Re: User Guide help

On 26 Mar 2006, at 12:22, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

Absolutely.
Sometimes there are bugs in the interface that we have
to diplomatically gloss over in the docs.
Sometimes they're not even bugs, they're geekery that
the average user doesn't understand or care about, but
that we seem to be stuck with :(

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I'd encourage all our docs guys to file as many usability bugs as they can. In the absence of usability testing, which none of us can do as much of as we'd like, docs guys are the next line of defence: if it's hard to document, it's probably hard to use.

(Indeed, it wouldn't be the first project I've worked on where we actually write the hypthetical user guide first, and use that as the first draft of the UI spec.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team