Re: Stripped translations for gnome-user-guide

В Втр, 14/03/2006 в 14:27 -0500, Brent Smith пишет:
> Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > Hi Nickolay,
> >
> > Today at 10:57, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> >

> >>Sorry, probably I've missed something, but why gnome-user-docs 2.14
> >>goes without Russian translation? Of course, it's incomplete, around
> >>40 percent of strings were translated in CVS, but some sections were
> >>translated completely. What was the problem? Italian was included
> >>but it's also far from complete.
> >

> > Yeah, I am very sorry to hear this too.  Strip Italian out as well! ;)
> >
> > Just kidding, but actually, including even half-completed stuff is
> > essential to translators and users: translators get the satisfaction
> > of all of their hours of work actually ending up in the distribution
> > and being seen by users, and users get the benefit of looking at least
> > part of the documentation in their own language.  If they are bothered
> > with it not being complete (which will most likely be the case), there
> > are better chances they might help with translation!
> >
> > Who should we punch in the face? Brent? ;)
> >

> Danilo,  yes that would be me.  I'm sorry about this but I've never
> released gnome-user-docs before and I was running into validation errors
> with some of the translations when running make distcheck.  I think
> these might have been with es and nl and I accidentally removed russian
> as well.  I was going to contact you to do the release b/c I couldn't
> get past these errors, but I decided to just remove the translations
> that were causing problems instead.  Since Shaun originally asked
> fatalerror to do the release, and fatalerror asked me to do it and it
> was 2:30am at night when I rolled it, I might have not been thinking
> clearly.
>
> Everytime I did make distcheck on a fresh checkout it took literally 30
> minutes to compile all the translations.  Is there any way we can speed
> up xml2po?  The more languages that we translate gnome-user-docs to, the
> longer this process is going to take and the harder releases are going
> to be.
>
> Again, I'm very sorry about this -  If you want to contact release-team
> and re-roll the release to include russian, I won't blame you
>
> What should the process be for translations that cause validation errors
> in the future?

No problem Brent, I don't think there is need to create new tarball,
we'll target to 2.14.1 then, moreover there is a lot of work. Sorry for
complaining too loudly.

It would be really nice to automatically check docbook correctness but I
have another wish for Danilo.

When I download updated po files from kvota.net, fuzzy strings are
nicely commented so it's easy to find what is actually changed. But
strings that aren't identified are removed completely from translation.
Is it possible to move them at the end of file and mark with ~ as usual?