Release notes keep changing (was Re: Stripped translations for gnome-user-guide)

Hi Nickolay, Bob,

Today at 10:57, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

> And just a note, please stop modifications of release note, it's
> really hard to update translations every hour. Probably we need doc
> freeze timeline for the next release cycle.

Release notes are not part of other docs stuff: they just use the same
technology.  Unfortunately, we had entirely new bunch of editors for
them this round (Bob Kashani), and they were not very gentle to
translators (probably due to misunderstandings: IMO, it's better to
have less than perfect English version, and 23 translations [as we had
last year], than excellent English version, and no [or 2] complete
translations).

I offered to do simple corrections in en.po for them, but I guess we'd
need more explaining for Bob to understand what it means and how is it
done.  Though, it's also explained in the "Typos" section on

  http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes/Translating

Bob, you can simply "translate" the parts which have errors to those
with corrections, and PO file format is simple.  Grab untranslated one
from

  http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/PO/release-notes.HEAD.pot

(it's periodically regenerated, so you may need to wait for it to
change when you change XML source, which is why you shouldn't change
XML source anymore ;), and search for things you want to correct in
msgid's and enter it in corresponding msgstr.  Once you update it,
commit it as en.po according to

  http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes/Translating

and put any additional corrections there.

Cheers,
Danilo