Re: Stripped translations for gnome-user-guide

--- "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" <nshmyrev yandex ru> wrote:
> Sorry, probably I've missed something, but why
> gnome-user-docs 2.14 goes without Russian
> translation?

I'll leave that for someone else to answer -- I don't
know at all.

> And just a note, please stop modifications of
> release note, it's really hard to update
> translations every hour. Probably we need doc freeze
> timeline for the next release cycle.

For the User Docs, I was hoping to keep the
translators up to date about which parts of the XML
were stable and which were not.
I'm sorry that I didn't do this very much.
I have discussed with Shaun and Danilo the idea of
marking which parts of a manual are ready for
translation and which are still being worked on in
English.
I'm interested to know what sort of length of time do
you suggest for docs freeze, but I think that this
rolling approach could be better. Or perhaps a
combination of the two.

This time around, *so* much of the User Guide needed
to be worked on that a freeze wouldn't have been
possible. (There's still a lot I didn't get round to
doing.)

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com