Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 09:39:07PM +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

> What should they be called?
>
> "Applet" is in the Style Guide:
> http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-desktop.html
>
> If there's a better term, file a bug against it.

For quite a while now we've been avoiding applet as the most
overused word in the world. It is best to choose a more descriptive
word, for example rather than having the battery applet, we call it
the Battery Monitor. Other names include Clock, Character Picker,
Notification Area, Deskbar, Weather Report, etc.

I'm not quite sure how to handle this in terms of the style guide.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA