Re: PDFs for user-guide, accessibility-guide and system-admin-guide

--- Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> wrote:

> Shaun McCance wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:54 +0200, Sean Wheller
> wrote:

> the documentation in
> some build scripts[1]
> FOP and Norman Walsh's
> >>>

> >>Nice one Brent
> >>
> >>To help take care of those widows and orphans try
> adding
> >>

> >>	    <xsl:template
> match="processing-instruction('pagebreak')">
> >>	        <fo:block break-after="page"/>
> >>	    </xsl:template>
> >>
> >>to custom.xsl
> >>
> >>Then you will be able to force a page breaks in
> your output using
> >>
> >><?pagebreak?>
> >>
> >>Let me know if there is anything else you need.
> >

> > DocBook provides an element for this:
> >
> > http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/beginpage.html
> >
> > I'd be very surprised if it doesn't work already
> > with Norm's stuff.
> >
> > --
> > Shaun
> >

> The question is, do what want all our level 1
> sections to start a new
> page?  I've tried this already by modifiying the
> section.title.level1.properties attribute-set, and I
> don't think it's a
> good idea.  Some level1 sections are very short and
> it makes a page that
> is primarily blank.

Can we ask for all the level 1 sections of a
particular chapter? I'd like all the prefs tools to
start a fresh page.

> With the processing instruction, I could go through
> and mark places
> where I see orphans, but I would have to do this
> _right_ before the
> release, as any changes made earlier in the document
> can change where
> orphans appear, etc.

What we really need is to check the distance of a
heading from the foot of the page. Less than 5cm, say,
and push to the next page.

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com