Re: completed gataxx doc

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 08:15 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> * Nitpick zone: the application tag is used in the
> overall manual title but not in the subheadings, eg
> '<title>Customizing Ataxx</title>'. However, I'm not
> sure which way round is correct, as I've seen a bit of
> both in our docs. Shaun, any thoughts on this? My gut
> feeling is that the title is already emphasized (then
> again, I'm not sure why the name of an app needs to be
> italicized throughout anyway)

The primary reason I italicize application names is to
set them apart as proper names.  Many applications are
named with English words.  Look at this sentence:

  Terminal provides a tab feature that enables you...

Knowing, as we do, that "Terminal" is the name of the
application, that sentence reads fine.  But if you
don't read "Terminal" as a proper noun, as a name,
then it sounds like we're talking like cave men.

--
Shaun