Re: Keyboard shortcut prefs - can we close this bug ?

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 11:10 +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> I do not know if there is a somewhat formal process as to what gets put
> in the keybindings. Should the Usability list be involved in this as to
> which keybindings are usable or what new keybindings should be added?

At the very least it would be helpful to keep the HIG and a11y teams
informed, as there's a section in the HIG that attempts to list global
system shortcuts that app developers should avoid, and it would be nice
if it was up to date:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/input-keyboard.html#shortcuts

(Tables 10.12 - 10.14, mainly).

Likewise, out of all our docs, the accessibility guide has probably the
most comprehensive section on keyboard navigation, and it needs
maintaining too:
http://gnome.org/learn/access-guide/latest/keynav-0.html

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group