Re: Small change in the clock applet

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 19:05 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, January 25, 2006 16:24, Joachim Noreiko
> > wrote:

> > locales,
> > >
> > It's just that
> > AM/PM doesn't
> > make sense in their locale (or the locale is
> > broken). Eg, in France,
> > we *never* use AM/PM, so even if I want to display
> > the time as
> > "5:35 PM", I'll only get "5:35" (there's no string
> > for PM defined in
> > the french locale). So it doesn't make sense to
> > propose the 12-hour
> > option in this case.
>
> OK.
> I'll do a patch for the docs :)

This probably doesn't even need to be mentioned explicitly.
If our documentation gets translated completely, then we need
only make sure translations are correct.  Maybe we could add
a note to translators in the documentation, so they know not
to do a direct translation.

Or maybe I'm looking at a pipe-dream scenario.  Hmm.

--
Shaun