Re: Updating the Accessibility Guide

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 23:17 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Don Scorgie <DonScorgie Blueyonder co uk> wrote:
> > 2. In section 2.1.1.3, about changing the size of
> > the cursor.  It
> > currently says:
> > "Select one of the following cursor size options:
> > Small
> > Medium
> > Large"
>
> Cursor or pointer? :)

>From the Style Guide:

cursor
  A cursor is a symbol that indicates the position at
  which you can enter or delete text. The cursor is
  usually a blinking vertical bar.

pointer
  A small arrow or other symbol on your screen that you
  move with a mouse or other pointing device.

As I'm writing this email, there is an text-insertion
cursor where I type.  Independantly, there is a pointer
for my current mouse position.  If I click somewhere
inside this text area, my cursor will move to where my
pointer is.

Unfortunately, the preference capplet does use the term
cursor.  So we're stuck in an unfortunate position of
having to be consistant with the incorrent interface.

--
Shaun