Re: Entities issue in gnome-user-docs

Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:

This is not a trouble for readers (there will be a
single monolithic
gnome-access-guide.xml) but it's annoying for
translators (no references
to look for).

I suspect this come from -e option for xml2po. In
fact in
gnome2-user-guide this issue is not present. And
gnome2-user-guide is
using xinclude to merge xml files.

As I said it's not so bad, but could you please
consider to (at least)
switch to xinclude for access and admin guide too?
Or check xml2po?

Yes, we recently switched gnome2-user-guide to use
xinclude instead of entities to merge the xml files,
mostly for that reason.
I'm sure we can do the same for the access and admin
guides, it's just a question of finding the time to do
it.

And the reason I haven't done it yet (at least for the
system admin guide) is that there are fairly major
changes still going in - I have a complete rewrite of the
menu and mime sections.

So we shouldn't really be translating these yet...  I'm
expecting to replace these sections within the next week.

The gconf section should be OK though.  I suppose we can
switch to xinclude now... I just don't want translators to
be angry when we are still making major changes to these
documents.

thanks,

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>