Re: Avoiding the name of an application in Menus?

On 23/02/2006, at 5:33 AM, Shaun McCance wrote (in conclusion):

Using generic names in the menu is simply a matter of
discoverability.  If you see just "Epiphany" in the
menu, how are you supposed to know what it is?  But
if you have "Epiphany Web Browser", you immediately
know that it's a web browser, and you also know it's
named Epiphany.  Once you have the application open,
we don't have to constantly tell you that it's a web
browser.  We can just use the name Epiphany.

Yes, that make sense. Thanks, Shaun. I was envisaging having more space problems. :(

Since Vietnamese is composed of monosyllabic words, something that's four or five syllables in English (one or two words) is often four or five words in Vietnamese, and the spaces between bulk it out. For buttons and toolbars especially, this is a problem.