Re: Requesting approval for applying patch (gnome-keyring string change)

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 13:18 -0200, Guilherme de S. Pastore wrote:
> Em Sáb, 2006-02-18 às 14:13 +0100, Danilo Šegan escreveu:
> (...)
> > At this time, I am not convinced it's worth breaking the freeze for
> > this.
>
> We still have 25 days before the final release (with tarballs being due
> 2 days before that), and will have lower quality software because of the
> string freeze? This is not a vanity addition, it's really a usability
> issue. I haven't looked for it, but I guess the HIG probably says
> something about entries floating around with no indication of what they
> are for.

>From the HIG, Chapter 6, section "Text entry fields" [1]:

  "Label the entry field with a text label above it or to its left,
   using sentence capitalization. Provide an access key in the label
   that allows the user to give focus directly to the entry field."

It would be very sad to see this bug in a shiped desktop knowing that it
could have been solved.

Claudio

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/controls-entry.html

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedr wh8 tu-dresden de>