Re: What's the plan for the user guide?

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 14:06 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> wrote:
> > > I spoke to Brent on IRC who said Shaun has a plan
> > > rewrite the guide from scratch so it can be under
> > > different licence. (Ironic that the GFDL is
> > rubbish
> > > for Gnome user docs, really.)
> >
> > Care to back this up? (URL?)
>
> http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject_2fTasks
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2005-October/msg00014.html
>
> Though surely this title business is a
> misinterpretation of the license? Otherwise it's plain
> nuts.

Rather the latter. This went so much out of its way.
There are these people that complain but probably did not voice their
concerns when GFDL was drafted. It's annoying when they do not even
support/draft a new license; they just have this ''stop energy''.

I added my concerns on the live.gnome.org page.

Joachim, thanks for the links.

Simos