Re: String change for Tomboy (patch included)

On 8/28/06, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

--- Sanford Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>
wrote:

> Since nobody seems to be responding to this request,
> here's what I'm thinking:
>
> 1) I won't change the "x/y notes have been imported"
> string, since it
> might be the very first output a user ever sees from
> Tomboy, and it
> should probably be properly localized (I guess that
> means I'll leave
> it as a singular string, too)

Out of interest, why do you need to say 'x out of y'?
Why not just "Your notes have been imported"?
It sounds rather 1980s.

Well, it is possible that the Sticky Notes XML file has been messed up
somehow, and only some of the notes were suitable for import.  In that
case, the user would probably be interested to know that not all of
their notes made it over to Tomboy.  Perhaps it would be better if it
only showed "x out of y" in that case, and normally just said "Your
notes have been imported" as you suggest.  But I think it is too late
now to change that phrasing.  Maybe this could go into the next
release.

Thanks,
Sandy