Manual templates

Since we have a few new manuals to write from scratch,
it seems to me that now would be a good time to get an
up -to-date manual template made.

I remember a long time ago Shaun told me that the
templates here
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/templates.html
were out of date and needed to be brought in line with
gnome-doc-utils.
As far as I know, there's nothing more recent.

What needs to be changed in this template? I can get
to it if I'm given a summary of what to do.
Alternatively, is there a current user manual that's
correctly set up for g-d-u? Right now I'm only
interested in the technical aspects of a template, not
in how the content of the manual is laid out.
I could easily rip out all the specifics and use that
as a basis for a template.