Re: Missing Documentation

hi jan,

Am Donnerstag, den 20.04.2006, 21:30 +0200 schrieb Jan Girke:
> It's Good To Be A Noob
> (that way i recognize what you* count as allready known by everyone)
> *linux-professionals/experienced-user
>
> A Manual(how to) About
>    totally manual(not automatic) installation of native gnome apps

what is "manual"? compiling from source? all this is available, see for
example http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/de/rninstallation.html for
a german version (i assume you are german).

>    whats the file extension of native gnome apps

hmm... but for what? why should i bother at all about a file extension
(is this available for native micros~1 windows apps, or how to get that
idea)?

>    where are the pieces of one app stored including all configs to change
>    a list and description of all native gnome config files

depends on the apps i'd say, see http://www.gnome.org/projects/
what do you need this for? i have never seen a user asking this for
*all* apps, just for specific ones.

>    examples of hardware specific config( graphic-cards,etc. )

guess that these are *linux* issues, but not gnome specific at all. you
want support for stuff that the distributions provide, but in my opinion
this is not at all the task of gnome documentation people.

> and it must be shaped to the specific need of a gnome user/admin/dev
> and still remain in common language

feel free to collect all this information, but to me it does not sound
useful, sorry. :-/

cheers,
andre

--