Re: New writer

--- ragini raghavendra <raags38 gmail com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You are right! I used to do API documentation but,
> don't know XML that well.
> Any suggestions?

If you know HTML, then working with DocBook shouldn't
be very hard.
But you don't necessarily need to work with DocBook at
all. I've tried to summarize the different ways in
which you can submit work here:
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/SubmittingDocumentation

If anything there is unclear or confusing, let me know
(or just change log in to the wiki & change it
yourself :) )

If you want to start with something simple, you could
take a wander round the yelp manual pages that are on
your system, and file bugs where you spot problems
(out of date, inaccurate, badly written, etc).
At the opposite end of the spectrum, there are some
apps that don't have manuals at all, and these need
writing from scratch.