GDSG updates

Hi all,

I have updated the GDSG in CVS as follows:

   * Added new terms:
     - User Actions: customize

   * Modified terms:
     - User Actions: configure, modify

See the attached file for details. Please let me know if there are any comments.

I also fixed the alt text for the drop-down section screenshots that I added in April.

Eugene
Title: Latest Terms

Latest Terms

Table of Contents

Introduction
User Actions

Introduction

Terms in green are updated terms.

All others are new terms.

User Actions

configure

Definition:

To set up an application. To configure is typically a larger-scale activity, and usually occurs at installation time.

Usage:

Normal text rules.

Tags:

Prose tag rules.

Example:

You can configure how PDAs connect to your computer.

Note:

See also customize, modify.

customize

Definition:

To modify the behavior of an application to suit individual requirements.

Usage:

Normal text rules.

Tags:

Prose tag rules.

Example:

To customize a panel, use the Panel preference tool.

Note:

See also configure, modify.

modify

Definition:

To change specific parameters in an application. Use this verb to refer to making specific changes to the preferences or properties of an item.

Usage:

Normal text rules.

Tags:

Prose tag rules.

Example:

You can modify animation preferences for your panels.

Note:

See also configure, customize.