Re: sugested doc license

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 08:35 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,
>
> (reposting as the first post never came thru....)
>
> I'd like to work on the user-documentation for gtk-doc. The current bits
> are under FDL and several people said that does not go well with the
> GPL/LGPL.
> What is the suggested licence for gnome application docs?

Unfortunately, I can't give you a single answer.  I know a lot of
people aren't happy with the GFDL, but most of our docs are already
written under it, and relicensing is a pain.

On a more general note, if anybody out there would like to help us
with licensing stuff, I would love to have somebody go research the
various documentation/content license and come back with some nice
synopses.  We can make more informed decisions when we really know
our options.

--
Shaun