Re: evince string freeze breackage

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 19:23 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> Today at 18:45, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
>
> > My apologies, I broke the string freeze in this evince commit:
> >
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evince/ps/ps-document.c?r1=1.55&r2=1.56
>
> Nice that you reported it yourself.  Can you now tell us why is
> introducing these three strings
>
> "Error while decompressing file\n"
> "Cannot open file.\n"
> "Failed to load document"
>
> actually necessary and important at this stage of the game?
>
> They are used only if g_locale_to_utf8 fails to convert filename to
> UTF-8 for display purposes, right?  (you can reuse the same string
> with something like g_strdup_printf(_("Cannot open file: %s\n"), "?")
> until string freeze ends.)

Wouldn't those be available in the GError passed back by
g_locale_to_utf8 anyway? And if those are user-facing messages, they
sure could use some love.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I'll hear whispering: 'There's that Renfro, the stupid motherfucker who
forgot to untie the boat.' -- Brad Renfro